Important Notice: General Election November 6, 2012 - Board of Education election coverage coming soon. According to the Board of Elections' website, requests for absentee ballots must be received by October 30, 2012. Absentee ballot applications are available on their website.
Concerned about your child's education?
You've come to the right place.
The Frederick County Public Schools have gotten swept up by national fads that are at odds with what most parents want for their children's education. This web site will help you recognize the problems for what they are.
For instance, have you noticed that...
- Math classes have too much emphasis on writing and statistics (like doing class surveys and making bar charts) and too little emphasis on the foundational skills needed for algebra?
- Our English standards lack important works of literature and students aren't learning grammar?
- History isn't taught in chronological order, and many important topics are missing?
- Science classes neglect the basic concepts of biology, chemistry, and physics in favor of projects and "discovery" activities that teach very little science?
- The standardized tests our children take don't tell us what topics they have mastered and where they need extra help?
And here's the real kicker: If parents want something different, they don't have many options within the public school system. Shouldn't parents be able to choose schools that suit their children?
If you are concerned about these and other issues, please take some time to look around. We hope this web site will help parents to choose the best education for their children, and to help make the Frederick County Public Schools the best it can be. We'd love it if you would drop us a line to let us know what you think.