首页 > >
Steve Bruce considers retirement after being sacked by Newcastle******
LONDON, Oct. 20 (Xinhua) -- Newcastle United has sacked Steve Bruce from his position as manager following just over two seasons in charge of the club form the north-east of England.
Bruce had expected to be sacked almost immediately in the wake of the Saudi takeover of the club on October 7th, but clung on for a few days more and was in charge for Sunday's 3-2 defeat at home to Tottenham which leaves them second from bottom of the Premier League without a win in its first eight games of the season.
The 60-year-old's first two seasons in charge saw Newcastle finish 13th and 12th in the table without being drawn into a battle to avoid relegation.
The club has confirmed it has already begun to search for a replacement with former Roma boss Paulo Fonseca thought to be the early favorite, although Graeme Jones will be in temporary charge for Saturday's game away to Crystal Palace.
Speaking to the Daily Telegraph newspaper after his leave had been confirmed, Bruce commented that he was considering retiring from management after a coaching career dating back to 1998.
"I think this might be my last job. It's not just about me; it's taken its toll on my whole family because they are all Geordies (from Newcastle) and I can't ignore that."
Despite being a boyhood Newcastle fan, Bruce was never accepted by the club's fans, partly because he spent most of his playing days with Manchester United and also because he had a spell coaching bitter local rivals Sunderland.
"It has been very, very tough. To never really be wanted, to feel that people wanted me to fail and saying I would fail, that I was useless, a fat waste of space, a tactically inept cabbage head," he commented, adding that his family, his wife especially "have been worried about me."
"I'm 60 years old and I don't know if I want to put her through it again. We've got a good life so, yeah, this will probably be me done as a manager," added Bruce. Enditem
German ice cream manufacturer sets up regional headquarters in Hong Kong******
HONG KONG, Oct. 27 (Xinhua) -- German-based ice-cream manufacturer Martosca announced Wednesday that it had opened its regional headquarters in Hong Kong, leveraging Hong Kong's strategic location to bring its organic premium ice cream and fruit sorbet brands to the region.
"We have already secured three Hong Kong retailers to launch our dairy and fruit sorbet products both online and offline. We also target to launch two new product ranges next year to further develop our product portfolio in the city. Hong Kong will be our perfect launchpad to introduce our brands in the region," according to the company's Director of Sales Asia Pacific Oliver Matthees.
"Hong Kong is not only the business center of Asia Pacific markets but also an international hub with favorable conditions to set up a company. It is easy, efficient, and transparent to do business here. Our Hong Kong regional headquarters is fully responsible for our expansion in the Asia Pacific and will manage sales, logistics, daily operations, and coordination with our Germany headquarters and our Thailand branch office," he added.
Martosca produces organic ice cream in dairy as well as fruit sorbets in vegan, that are certified as Demeter, which is one of the strictest standards for organic agriculture worldwide. Its products are not only popular in Germany and other European markets, but also are getting a very good response from Hong Kong retailers, Matthees said.
Associate Director-General of Investment Promotion Charles Ng said, "We are happy to see that Martosca has chosen Hong Kong as its regional base to introduce its brands to the region. The city's free port status, easy customs procedures and well-established logistics and transportation network make it an ideal place for Martosca to operate and manage its business in the region." Enditem